Half Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seek for us through the Mist.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Half Blood Hill Roleplay! Don't forget to create a character and roleplay in topics. :)
Post in "Seek Us Through the Mist"! The feast will be starting, and it's important!
THANKS so much for posting! Some of you, have actually been posting. Some, very few. I know for a fact that some of you had just neglected to post recently. I know that this is going to go slow, but I really need you guys who said you would post, do it! I mean HBH has died TWICE. This is it's third life. And you guys need to be true to your word. Come on. Please.
Can everyone copy the Who's Who code and send it to me so I can add you to the Members list? And also, your plot and relations should be done, and everyone who has met that character should post in it to have SOME KIND of relationship with that character. Thank you!

Playing in the forest.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Annmarie

Annmarie

Playing in the forest. Empty
PostSubject: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Annmarie sat on the forest and pulled her glittery purple guitar pick of a chocker she wore. Her vintage, acoustic guitar sat face up on her lap. She rubbed the side, where she had scratched her name into the darker wood, very small like, when she had been only 8. She grabbed the guitar up and sat it in her lap.
"Do us proud Melody."
She said rubbing its side. She had named her guitar after what she loved, a melody. She cleared her throat and strummed a few strings, then started playing.
" Hey, heeeeeeeeey, heeeeeeeeey.
Your lip stick stains
On the front lobe of my left side brains
You know I wouldnt forget you
And so I went and let you blow my mind
"
She said her melodiously filling the air around her with perfect, tempting notes.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:16 pm

The Dryads came from the trees, giving her scowls. "What are you doing?!" and "That's disgusting!" or "Stop it, that's not even muuusic!"
Back to top Go down
https://hbhillrp.forumotion.com
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:40 pm

OCC: Dryads? im sorry its been a long time since i read Percy Jackson.

Annmarie put her hands on her guitar strings.
"Really now?"
She said, standing up. She strummed a couple more notes, then gave a long hmm, a haunted look coming to her eyes, she sang.
Come all around me,
And here my call,
Feel the leave blow through trees so tall,
Hear my voice,
And will you fall,
A song so sweet, so sweetly small,
And dance and sing,
And run and play,
Swift little wings,
Beg to fly away,
Be free!
Be free!
And all of us shall be,
Don't you hear me singing so sweetly?
Oh birds!
Oh creatures of the woods,
Take flight, take foot,
Like Artemis said you could,
Lets run and play,
All through the day,
Until the mist comes back again,

She sang. During the song she had shut her eyes, and started moving around, losing the conscious of her audience. Her voice was unbelievable. One word and it was light and melodiously and the next it was deep and haunting. And at most moments it was both, woven together. Birds and rabbits and other woodland creatures ran around, this way and that. Her guitar seemed to become apart of her, almost like she wasn't playing it. Like the guitar was playing her. But the thing that frightened her, when she had finished, was that she hadn't known the song before she sang it. It had only come to her.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:18 pm

(Dryads. Female spirits of the forest, nature, and trees. A.K.A Tree Nymphs. There are several other kinds of Nymphs, Water and Sea (Naiads and Nereids), Arts(Muses), etc.)

One Dryad looked up. "I think it's kind of pretty," She said, smiling. She was shorter than the others and had red hair. "If that's okay, Maple."
Maple, the tallest, said, "It's alright Pine. She has a good voice."
The bulkiest, yet still graceful, said, "Oh, yes, Apollo daughter!"
Pine said, "Oooh! Yes, Oak, yes! Sing some more for us, daughter of Apollo?"
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:25 pm

She looked around, a little out of breath, but she still smiled.
"Yes, Im a daughter of Apollo. Thank you for your comments. There were very nice."
She said. Annmarie once more picked up her guitar and cleared her throat, in a little hum.
"This one is a little haunting."
She said and sang:
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
Were a man was hung for killing three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
Where a man told his love to flee
Strange things did happen her
No stranger would it be
If we met up at the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of rope side by side with me
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at the hanging tree.

She siad playing it slowly, and softly, he voice carrying each note smoothly till the next.
"What did you think?"
She asked the Dryads.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Oak clapped. "Very nice! I heard the melody, and tree. I suppose your talking about me!" She apparently didn't hear the lyrics besides 'tree'.

Pine and Maple shot, "NO, ME!"
The two other dryads, Fig and Cherry Blossom, joined the quarrel.
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Annmarie starred wide eyed at them.
"Girls please stop! I wasn't talking about any of you, because I didn't know any of you when I was learning it! But you are all worth of a song!"
She said trying to calm them down.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:46 pm

"Who's the worthiest?" Maple asked, fluttering her eyelashes.
"Yeah, who?" Oak demanded, less calm.
"It's ME," Cherry Blossom said.
"Cherry, you think EVERYTHING is about you," Fig snapped.
"You're one to talk, Fig," said Pine.
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Annmarie sighed, and rose her voice.
"Do you always fight! Look at y'all. Your suppose to stick together, y'all are all Dryads! Just stop quarreling!"
She shouted.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:55 pm

"Just listen to her voice," giggled Pine.
"It's.. foreign," Said Maple.
"Hah," Oak added.
In Ancient Greek, Fig whispered, "Pitiful, almost. I SWEAR she's barbaric." At this, all five laughed together. They didn't even mind Annmarie sitting there. They just, in their leafy gowns, laughed, and laughed TOGETHER. A family of dryads.
To spoil the party, a satyr named Rocky pounced out at Cherry Blossom, pinning her to the ground. "Hey gorgeous!" He said, puckering up. The vines from a tree tied him up into a goat- hammock.
Maple laughed. "Satyrs, always thinking that we're TROPHIES," She rolled her eyes. Cherry said, "Ew."
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Annmarie sighed.
"Yeah, eww, and thanks for the comments, you know everyone loves their voice getting called out."
She said sarcastically, walking away from the laughing Dryads and satyr.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Caleb walked over to the nature spirits and the goat-man, not noticing Annmarie. He smiled. "Hey, guys!" he said, cheerfully. The appeared to like Demeter kids.
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:15 pm

"Have fun with them."
She hissed at Caleb, walking away.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Caleb looked, suprised. "Huh?" He asked, confused.
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 am

Annmarie gave him a grimace.
"They are arrogant, and they probably don't know what arrogant means. All they want is a quick show, when it suits their feelings, then it's all about how they hate your accent."
She said, shooting the tree girls a look.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm

"I like them," Caleb snapped, suddenly angry. "They're just not used to... Southern accents. And they do know what arrogant means, and if it wasn't for them you would die. They're the trees. He glared, defending his mother's creations.
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:20 am

Her hazel eyes narrowed. She stood out of the shade, as usual, basking in her father's gift to the world. Her hair took to a reddish tint, and she put a hand on her a-little-thicker-than-skinny-but-not-fat hip. "So now my acccent is just completely stupid?! Thanks a lot! And why so defensive? It's not like your a Dryad!" She said, angered by his anger. The always-there fire in her eyes had returned, and blazed with a new fire. Determination.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 am

"Of course I'm not a Dryad, you stupid Apollo child," Caleb snapped, his furiousness slowly deteorating. "I'm sorry, but I'm kinda' defensive of the Dryads... He glanced over at Rocks. "And him, too, He said, biting his lip.
Back to top Go down
Rosalynn~Avery

Rosalynn~Avery

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Ooc: Mind if I join?
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:37 pm

(Of course you may, Lilac. ^^)
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Annmarie heated, her face turning red." Stupid Apollo child?!?!? Who do you think your talking to!! Im just as good as you!" She protested. Her eyes threw sparks, and her hands where now clasped at her sides. " You have no right to judge!'' She said.
Back to top Go down
Rosalynn~Avery

Rosalynn~Avery

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 pm

(Psh how did you know it's me?)

Avery was practicing making lightning when a flash went deep into the woods. Her eyes grew wide and she ran into the forest making sure she didn't start a fire. Her eyes shrank down with releaf when she saw the stray bolt only hit a boulder, but the boulder was now a bunch of rocks. She sat down on the now bumpy rock and heard yelling.
Avery ran through the thick trees, smiling when she thought about how these were all Dyrads. She skidded to a stop when she saw Caleb and some country girl yelling about something, something about judging. She shook her head and went to walk away, but stepped on a stick, breaking it in half.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Caleb was about to retort, but he heard the twig snap. His ears perked, and he glanced in the direction which felt uneven through the earth. (Oh yeah, Demeter kids are awesome like that :) ) He turned his head to AnnMarie, to see if she had heard it to, but didn't wait for an answer. [lightgreen]"Hello?"[/color] He asked, scrunching up his nose.
Back to top Go down
Annmarie

Annmarie

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Annmarie breathed in and out, calming herself down. " Did you hear that something?" She asked, coming up behind him to see what he was starring at.
Back to top Go down
Caleb-Raven
Admin
Caleb-Raven

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 pm

He nodded, putting a finger to his mouth. He stared at the spot, wondering who---or what--- it was, and his eyes were half widened- half closed. "Hello? Show yourself," He said, peeking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the forest.   Playing in the forest. Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing in the forest.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next